Seldia & WFDSA
The European Direct Selling Association was founded in 1986 and represents the direct selling industry in Europe. Seldia’s mission is to represent and advocate the interests of national direct selling associations and their members on the European level and ensure that European and national policy makers in Europe are aware of the advantages of this sector and its benefits to national economies.
Seldia’s members include 28 national direct selling associations and 19 corporate member companies.
Seldia is a member of EuroCommerce, European Services Forum(ESF) and the World Federation of Direct Selling Associations (WFDSA).
The World Federation of Direct Selling Associations represents the direct selling sector globally in more than 170 countries.
The WFDSA has more than 60 national and regional direct selling associations, which are united in their effort to maintain the highest ethical standards among their member companies and develop an understanding and support of direct selling around the world.
The mission of the WFDSA
The WFDSA supports direct selling associations and their member companies by:
- Helping develop and maintain the highest global standards for responsible and ethical conduct in direct selling.
- Advocating the direct selling industry with governments, media, academicians, representatives of consumer groups and others.
- Serving as a trusted global resource for information about direct selling.
- Facilitating interaction among direct selling executives on issues of importance to the industry.
- The WFDSA was established in 1978 and is based in the capital city of the USA, i.e. Washington, D.C.