Importance and Functions
Key Functions of the Code of Conduct
- The Code stipulates that all direct sellers familiarize themselves with the Code as a precondition of their membership in the distribution systems of companies.
- The Code stipulates that direct sellers be provided with relevant education and training courses that enable them to work ethically.
- The Code stipulates that regular accounts of sales, purchases, income, commissions, bonuses, discounts, supplies, cancelled orders and other relevant data be submitted as agreed.
- The Code stipulates truthfulness and openness in all advertising.
- The Code prohibits inadequate investment.
The Czech Direct Selling Association adopted a new amended wording of its Code of Conduct in 2018 aiming at achieving consumer satisfaction and protection, promotion of fair competition in the framework of free enterprise, and enhancement of the public image of direct selling, which is to sell quality products on fair terms and conditions to consumers.
Member companies are obliged to adopt and enforce this Code of Conduct and the Articles of Association of the Czech Direct Selling Association as a condition of admission and continuing membership in the AOP.